DEVELOPING A COLLEGE GOING CULTURE: DEMONSTRATION SITE VISIT & WORKSHOP AT SAN LORENZO HIGH SCHOOL –
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2lst -- 8:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. (Continental breakfast and registration beginning at 8:15 a.m.)
AN INVITATION: You and/or your high school team are invited to attend a free demonstration site visit and workshop on best practices in developing a college going culture at your school.
College Going Culture strategies will be shared including:
• Building a college going culture school wide
• Embedding college-going expectations, explorations and information in our Ninth Grade Houses & Advisories
• College Thursdays
• How our math and expository writing programs support students to be college ready
• Engaging parents in supporting college aspirations
• Using resources from College Tools for Schools (http://collegetools.berkeley.edu/)
In addition, participants will visit classrooms and have the opportunity to meet with administrators, counselors, students and staff. They will also engage in hands-on explorations of the new College Tools web site and acquire College Going Culture resources and tools.
A Continental Breakfast and Lunch will be provided. (Again, at no cost to participants as this event is generously supported by a grant from the James Irvine Foundation.)
Please RSVP by September 17, 2009 (OR September 18th at the latest) to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can plan for food and materials. Please include your name/s, school/district & or organization/community-affiliation, & email contact information. We will follow up with a confirmation of your registration for the Monday, September 21st College Going Culture Demonstration Site Visit/Workshop as well as directions to
We look forward to seeing you there
(phone) 510-524.0734 OR 510.504.3826 (cell)